About – Fernando Vicente Self-taught, his early work as an illustrator appeared in the first half of the eighties. It was in the middle of movida madrileña, magazines Madriz, and La Luna Madrid where continuously published.
After this initial period, for nearly a decade he put aside the artwork as their main occupation, to spend the advertising sector where it would be art director at various agencies.
Back in the world of illustration, from 1999 to the present published regularly in the newspaper El País and its various supplements like ollaborations in the cultural Babelia. Thanks to this work has won three Awards of Excellence from the Society for News Design.
His art has appeared in magazines such as Europe Viva, Ronda Iberia, Pencil, Rock de Lux, Vogue, Playboy, Gentleman, Letras Libres, Interviu, Cosmopolitan or DT.
Besides his work for newspapers and magazines, has done covers of books and records. As well as illustrations of more than twenty books, both aimed at children and young people and adults.
About – Fernando Vicente
His work is collected in volumes:
- The pin-ups of Fernando Vicente (2004 Dibbuks),
- illustrated Literature (2007, Ediciones Sins Entido and Council of Seville),
- Portraits (2009, Blur Ediciones), Cover (2010 Brandstudio Press)
- Universos (2011, City of Palma de Mallorca and Caja de Ahorros del Mediterráneo),
- Artbook (2014 Ominiky Editions)
- Fernando Vicente (2014 Roads Publishing).
The work as a painter of Fernando Vicente is characterized by the constant presence of the human figure. He combined with other elements that the author has collected throughout his life. Thus, of the four major series grouping his paintings:
- Anatomies is painted maps,
- atlases mechanical blades workshop
- Vanitas and Venus using anatomical plates (taking the latter two as references, respectively, to photographs of fashion 50s and the great themes of classical painting).